View Single Post
Old 30 Oct 2020, 21:41 (Ref:4013952)   #175
RWill2073
Veteran

RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
For comparison we need the charitable accounts for every single F1 driver that has ever lived. Produce that, produce a forensic accountant, let's go for it.

I know he invites it sometimes but the micro analysis of everything Hamilton does really is tiresome. I genuinely can't think of a single former or current driver who gets the approbation he does for everything, inside and outside the car, from everywhere, all the time.

Yes, location checks out etc etc.
He invites it. That's the point. Drama queens irritate people. His insistence on calling over the radio that his tires are gone then proceeding to set fast lap after fast lap, almost every race, is just faux drama. Why call over the radio "I have a cramp"? Were we supposed to be more impressed with his accomplishment because of that? Then the commentators fall for it, up until this past race, where they actually snickered about the tire comment and fast laps.

It is equally tiresome hearing people deify him every race. Of course he's great, one of the best. But he is essentially beating one other car that can compete, driven by a driver we know is not up to beating him.

And stuff like getting out of his car after it dies in qualifying and pushing it, for what reason nobody knows, and saying over the radio after a win "love conquers all" after seeming to be sour, down and out all weekend, commentators wondering why he seemed off that week, etc.

If he didnt want or invite the micro analysis, he wouldn't create drama each week and do things for attention each week. Dont seek attention, then complain about the attention you get.

All that said, he's quite possibly the goat, but impossible to compare across eras. I'd say he matches up very well Schumacher, at least. Stats look virtually even, which surprised me, because I figured he was already way ahead on races run because of longer seasons.