View Single Post
Old 4 Jul 2003, 16:34 (Ref:652461)   #5
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Check out the archives at www.scca.org for information of National Championships (U.S.) in club racing. They won several in the sixties and seventies. Also won TransAm with the Jaguar XJS (I am pretty positive). In IMSA they raced the XJS and Triumph TR8 (I think that was GTO Champion in 1980). From there they built the Jaguar GTP which raced in North America and also Le Mans in the mid eighties.

The "44" in Group 44 was reversed in the team logo. You will see it in pictures of the transporters and such. A sign painters mistake, which they ended up liking.

Is this a school project? In high school years ago (even I don't want to calculate how long ago right now), I did an English Composition on the history and development of the Porsche 917. My teacher told me there was no way I could come up with enough information to complete the assignment. I proved her wrong and pulled top grade in class. All this pre internet and before the publication of virtually all the books available.

Keep us posted!