Thread: Electric GT
View Single Post
Old 5 Aug 2017, 21:31 (Ref:3757637)   #14
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Twitch is mostly for gaming, but if it costs them nothing extra to do it then it's just more exposure.

Tesla does not officially back this series, but Musk has tweeted about it a couple of times. So unofficial support I guess.

Car is based on the pre-facelift version of the P100DL (although I think their first test car was built on a P90D), but the new renders are using the new front end so I think it'll change.

Obviously we all know how ludicrous the Tesla standing starts are, so corner exit speeds on this thing will be awesome, but it's the race distances that get a bit confusing. E-GT are claiming it'll do 90km at racing speed. This makes sense, since a Formula E ePrix is about 90km. This car is 100 kWh battery compared to the 28 kWh battery in the Formula E car. So it'll battery is over 3 times larger, but the car weights more, so it'll do double the distance. That makes sense.

E-GT are claiming that the race distances will be around 130km each though (2 races per event, totaling 260). So if that happens then that's more than they say. So I can see the race distances being cut to around 90km. For perspective, that's 15 laps of the Silverstone GP circuit, or 36 laps of the national circuit. So a race distance is approx 1.5 times a BTCC race, which isn't that long, but maybe long enough to start off with.

I find this more interesting than Formula E, and I'll give it a try, but no sound and gears might still be a killer for me. But I'll give it a try. As long as there is no sodding fan boosts.