View Single Post
Old 5 Jan 2018, 17:13 (Ref:3790877)   #174
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
bit of a random question....if they do use 2017 engines where would those 2017 PUs be coming from?

given how many units Mclaren went through plus the late season timing of their breakup, i cant imagine there are a lot of fresh/unused PU left over...unless they over produced them or would they be using refurbished/rebuilt units if the 2017 PU gets called back into service.

also a thought about the 3 engine limit for 2018...no doubt there will be a lot of races where penalties are incurred so this may be a moot point but given the 3 engine allotment , Honda wont have many opportunities to introduce new upgrades with out receiving even more penalties.

how this impacts their development cycle for 2018 will be interesting to say the least.