View Single Post
Old 21 Nov 2020, 20:29 (Ref:4018211)   #471
auroan
Veteran

auroan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
Some thoughts, all me trying to add 2 + 2 together:

Jelley feels he is better than what TPR can put underneath him. I agree with this sentiment, he is getting on a little and probably no longer as sharp as he was when last at WSR but still good enough to be a regular runner towards the sharp end.

TPR haven't really got the knack of BTCC; very successful in other forms, but perhaps not enough cash or indeed touring car know how. TPR only ended up in BTCC when Motorbase became unable to run Alex Martins ride - the sponsor drop out that left Big Dave and the gang on the sidelines for half a season. TPR never had a plan to enter, but clearly a big please from Dave and Alex and some folding made it a thing. When Alex decided it wasn't for him Steven Jelleys TPR connections and desire to try BTCC again got him in. He never got on with the Focus, which is where his WSR connection and relationship with Dick got him the 1 series.

So, if Steven is going to run at WSR, which seems pretty certain I hear then I see that car and TBL being sold on and TPR exiting stage left.

Now unless I'm confused again, Carl Boardley is only renting his 1 series from the Turkingtons. So maybe the car may be of interest to him if the Turkingtons want theirs back. I am pretty sure that Carls plan is to continue being run by #HARD next year using a #HARD TBL.

As for Andy Jordan, he's about as likely to be back at WSR as I am to be the lead vocal in a reformed Spice Girls...
Not sure where Boardly renting the 1 series story came from. The press release at the time said he'd purchased the car along with setup data direct from WSR.