View Single Post
Old 30 Apr 2018, 12:43 (Ref:3818377)   #12
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
The same really does apply on a safety car re-start; racing can only recommence after they have passed the start or finish line.

I still believe that staggered grids should be scrapped, and go back to a more compact grid formation. That would stop the speed differential between those starting further back and those from the front.

It would also mean that drivers should be far more aware of the cars that are around them, and thus overcoming the "I didn't see them" excuse.
In CART/IndyCar, the cars are double file or side by side, on a rolling start, which does help eliminate to a certain extent, the "I didn't see them" excuse. However, the cars aren't double file on SC restarts as this tended to make things worse and quite often led to another caution; yellows breed yellows.