View Single Post
Old 3 May 2018, 07:08 (Ref:3819022)   #18
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purist View Post
If I had to list the circuits where I don't think forming up the grid for a rolling start would be a particular concern, it would be as follows:
Bahrain
Baku
Red Bull Ring
Monza
Interlagos

The tracks where I see grid formation as a definite issue are these:
Melbourne
Monaco
Montreal
Paul Ricard
Silverstone
Hungaroring
Spa-Francorchamps
Singapore
Sochi

The others could present problems to varying degrees. With Catalunya and Suzuka, you have to get the field bunched back up and in two-wide formation after going through a tight, slow chicane. At Mexico City and Shanghai, you couldn't have the full field ready until after the last car has exited the final, real corner.

Anyway, clearly, all 3 street circuits, 4 of 5 street/parkland circuits, and 5 of the 7 non-permanent (by design at least) circuits are on that second list.

Finally, I suspect the tracks where the added speed of a rolling start is apt to cause additional difficulties in the first braking zone are these:
Bahrain
Baku
Monaco
Montreal
Red Bull Ring
Hockenheim
Spa-Francorchamps
Austin
Yas Marina

Sorry guys, I'm just in a mood right now to be thorough.
Are those lists based on making a rolling start at the start/finish straight only?

Would the list change if the rolling start was made somewhere else on the track?