View Single Post
Old 25 Apr 2021, 19:20 (Ref:4047824)   #35
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Well, that was a lot of fun! I watched one or two races in Portuguese before, but for some reason they didn't really capture me. After watching this one in English, though, I think I'll be coming back for more.

Here are some observations:
- the cars are absolutely mega: lots of power and not a lot of aero makes for some good racing.
- with all those big name ex Indycar and F1 drivers there are many pilots European viewers can relate to.
- attrition was pretty high; some of it through accidents, but some also mechanical
- Toyota seemed to have a bit of a hard time today. I hope they can do better in the next races - might be a bit hard though as there seem to be a lot more Chevies out there.
- I like the family friendly race duration and timeslot, though the race format is a bit gimmicky - I think I'd prefer one race of 45 minutes rather than two short ones.
- the same goes for the pitstops; changing just one tire really seems a bit pointless. I am wondering, though, if it'll be worth it for teams further down the order to sacrifice their race 1 in order to have fresh tires for the second race.
- at one point it was also mentioned that there is some version of fanboost - I don't really think the series needs that - and if they do, they need to do a better job at showing who is using it and when.

Overall, though, I had a lot of fun with this and I think I'll be back on May 16.