View Single Post
Old 20 Jun 2007, 19:52 (Ref:1942836)   #8
GroupOfOne
Racer

GroupOfOne should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Snap, I'm off to the Italian Grand Prix...and it's my first GP too!

As for Venice, well it's a fantastic city. I lived there for a year while on at university
Venice, well yes it is touristy (but September is ALOT better than the summer months) and also it's very easy to get away from the touristy parts of the city to some really beautiful, quieter more authentic (if there is such a thing as an authentic place, but hey that's getting into the realms of my dissertation ).
Really good advice by Bella to use the vaporetto (water buses). They're really good value (you can buy 24hr, 48hr, 72hr tickets which are a) brilliant value and b) soooo convinient as you don't have to keep worrying about buying and validating a ticket). Using these buses you can get all across the lagoon and the city...there's nothing better than just riding on the vaporetti, particularly if you can get one of the much coveted outdoor seats at front or back (I used to just ride on them when bored, take a book and sit in the sun, or just enjoy the view and take pictures). Oh and take plenty of memory cards, Venice really is something else

If you've got any questions or want any advice about Venice, just ask