View Single Post
Old 10 Aug 2018, 19:31 (Ref:3842857)   #1604
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Does the DAF use the same box, Tim? I was told before buying my Vovo that it ‘was all about the software’.
If it's not the same it's very similar but as you say, it seems to be about the software controlling it. I once had a rental Merc with the same idea, one day it all went tits up and wouldn't rev above 900rpm. When they came down to sort it they said I'd over revved it and the ECU had gone into derate. It wasn't actually possible to over rev the thing and strangely enough it was a lot better when they re-programmed the box, and it also gained an extra reverse gear making four speeds in reverse instead of three.

Colin, I've driven three different versions of the I shift and the one I have now is the best but I find it better to pull away using manual selection for the first couple of changes then shift to fully auto. The big advantage for our type of work is that this one has had the same clutch for three years where a proper manual was going through one every year or so, one only lasted three months due to the monkeys in our firm fitting it incorrectly.