View Single Post
Old 10 Sep 2007, 08:34 (Ref:2008238)   #22
Mystery
Veteran

Jersey
Jersey
Mystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alwaysfirst
As a small matter aside from the main point, that poor Ganassi year really highlighted the talents of Darren Manning for me as he was ahead of Dixon in the championship when he was fired (a move that still confuses me. Why would you sack you highest driver in the championship?!)
Chances are that CG just didn't get on with Darren ultimately, but also to be fair CG were clearly of the intention to cut back from 3 to 2 cars and probably had Wheldon on a contract pretty early in the piece. So of your existing 3 drivers do you keep a man employed by your engine supplier, one who is established in the series and a former champion or one who is clearly talented but has yet to be given the chance to shine.

Sorry - I'm a big Manning fan (quality qualifying this weekend - shame about the race) but in all fairness CG made the only reasonable choice, although I didn't like it then and I still don't but it was probably the right choice in the circumstances.