View Single Post
Old 24 Dec 2017, 11:15 (Ref:3788975)   #82
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Also love that Jumbo livery. But anyway...

Possibly a bit early to pull together a prospective entry list (although well done anyone who has) - but what do people think the class split will end up being?

I'd go with:

P1: 10
P2: 20
GT Pro: 16
GT Am: 14

Certainly a small dollop of wishful thinking when it comes to P1 there. I personally think Ginetta need to nut up and run a car themselves alongside Manor. But I've got more worries than hopes about that programme.

For GT-Pro I've added 2 BMWs and an extra Porsche on top of last year. Personally I want to see manufacturer entries. I love P2 but this year the class was more heavily Am-skewed with a lot of ELMS efforts. Didn't add too much in terms of close racing.

If it was up to me I'd scale P2 up a bit and push GT-Am numbers back a tad but I think they'll try and keep it more balanced.
Let's go with the 9 confirmed P1s to avoid disappointment
assuming they all actually turn up, of course. If Henrik Hedman can't play with his toy because of his grading will he pursue the project?

My sketchy list has 17 GTE Pros, which includes a Risi Ferrari, 4 Fords and 4 Porsches. Will they all get in? I expect Ferrari will want some back up for AF Corse if there are 4 Ford/Porsche entries, plus the BMWs.

P2? Who knows. There is no shortage of potential entries and some have already opted for WEC to guarantee an entry.

Similar story in GTE Am.

I am very excited about LMP1, especially after watching the class fall to pieces so recently. I hope it is competitive. SMP and ByKolles seem well ahead of the others because of the amount of testing they have managed already.