View Single Post
Old 28 Nov 2017, 13:32 (Ref:3783761)   #6036
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by hondafan37 View Post
I remember some statements from Alonso from 3 or 4 months ago, he said: "I do not know what I'm going to do next year but where I'm going I will win".
It is to be expected that the McLaren Renault 2018 will be more competitive in order to reach the podium but it is difficult to suppose as a winning car.
Alonso won his world championships in 2005 and 2006 more than 10 years ago and then it is reasonable that he want to return to be champion.
The victory in the 24 hours of Le Mans and the WEC world championship could be very interesting for him.
The only coincidence between F1 and WEC is COTA and the 6 hours of Fuji, COTA is the 18th race of the season one of the last and possibly at that time of the year he has no more chances to be an F1 champion and then he could also race in Fuji in the fight for the WEC title.
But he won't be able to win the WEC title anyway if he doesn't enter 2019 Sebring, Spa, and LM, and we don't know how the F1 schedule looks yet then. LM shouldn't be clashing if the FIA respects the gentlements agreement (although we already know how that's turned out to before, look 2016) but Sebring has periodically clashed with Albert Park and Spa with Barcelona IIRC

Also I don't think he cares about the championship (he said somewhere he hasn't really even taken a look at the calendars), only winning the 24 Hours. The "other races" would just be practice and side fun