View Single Post
Old 24 Apr 2018, 12:32 (Ref:3817163)   #29
chris bailey
Racer

chris bailey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridchris bailey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[QUOTE=GCCheddaris;3816941]Thank you for the reply Martin , it would be interesting to see how young Mr Pittard compared with Martin O'Connell in Chevron B8s .

I can assure you that David Pittard would stack up well against anyone. Back in the day, he was racing MR2's in the UK. He was so quick that the series organisers "banned" him on a fairly dubious technicality, so he took the hint and left. I suggested he should have a go in my Swift Sports 2000. So, with no running in the car, we turned up for the opening round of the 2011 championship. He put the car on pole by a clear margin, and ran away with the race, winning by over half a minute (with me trying to slow him down from the pit wall, to save everyone else's blushes). He still holds the lap records at Snetterton, Donington GP and Silverstone International.

He is one of those effortless types who is able to adapt to cars immediately. Unfortunately, his family do not own a plc business which will fund his racing, so he's reliant on people like Graham (thank you) to further his ambitions. I'd like to see him in a GT3 car in Europe. He is also a superb ARDS-qualified driver coach. One day with him is money well spent if you want to get better (I do).

I'm sure we will see much more of him in the next few years.