View Single Post
Old 23 Jun 2020, 11:36 (Ref:3983363)   #75
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
The thing that interests me about McLaren and Williams situation is that both apparently need financing again in a short period, both have allegedly already commited their assets against other borrowing already. Fast forward and both have their investors, but what is the return?

Both McLaren and Williams are pinning their future fortunes on the budget cap of £145m. They will still have to beat the 'works' teams who will not 'unlearn' how to build an F1 car and will still attract the best sponsors and afford the best drivers. So you are in a scrap for 5th in the WCC in a battle that is going to be much closer than the one at the front - so you could easily still be quite competitive and only finish 6th or 8th with the FOM income that goes with it.

I imagine both teams will spend every penny of the £145m budget cap, which means Williams (for example) would need to spend more than they do now, which means neither are likely to deliver big (any?) profits. So, aside from putting your son in an F1 car, where is the upside (as they say these days) I can only see that it is getting assets on the cheap surely?