Thread: msa 5.2.7
View Single Post
Old 14 Jan 2013, 15:50 (Ref:3189018)   #6
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Hadfield, Derbyshire (UK)
Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by haggispeed View Post
You're right Dave, there are some Clubmans Cars that may be effected. There are specific measurements in the Clubmans Formula regulations concerning the maximum height and distance from the rear axle centre line, (rather than rear bodywork), for rear aerodynamic devices. At the moment it is under discussion with the MSA on what should be done where a rear wing that may be legal as far as the formula regulations are concerned would be illegal with the change to J5.2.7
It's always amazed me how far some Clubmans cars' rear wings are behind the rear axle centre line - there's an enormous moment about the rear axle centre line which must be producing noticeable lift at the front wheels. Obviously works, though!

I think a few other cars may be affected - Clubmans were just the ones that immediately sprang to mind!

Quote:
There is a lot of discussion elsewhere on this site with the impact this reg may have on tin tops.
I haven't seen that. Don't why anybody's worried, though -just take a look at the 2012 Blue Book!

Last edited by Dave Brand; 14 Jan 2013 at 15:55.