View Single Post
Old 2 Jun 2011, 20:34 (Ref:2890169)   #13
Richard Duvall
Racer

England
Rochford
Richard Duvall should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Firstly, well done Stoowert for taking the time to represent us marshals on the committee.

I've been a member of BMMC since I started marshalling 4 years ago. For my first year I was also a BRSCC member as I continued my membership there after my former life as a racer. The cost of BMMC membership is relatively minimal in the grand scheme of things in being a marshal. The biggest cost for all of us has to be travel and accomodation (with the exception of the odd person who may live within a few minutes walk of a circuit.

Although the overall subsidy is a handy bonus, I see the main role of the BMMC as representing marshals with regard to standards and methods of working. If any of us are unhappy with the way things are, and there are a number of hot topics like the grading system and communications, we have committee members like Stoowert champion our views.

With regard to insurance, like many, I keep forgetting to register the dates I have volunteered for. However, I don't see why we need to register as we sign on each day so I think we should be automatically covered for each event we work at.

The BMMC does not actively involve itself in providing marshals for events as this is handled by each event organising club. One thing that has puzzled me is why some circuits such as Silverstone have their own marshals club. I do most of my masrhalling at Brands Hatch so wonder if we should have a club there?

Last edited by Richard Duvall; 2 Jun 2011 at 20:37. Reason: omission