Thread: Programmes
View Single Post
Old 17 May 2022, 10:25 (Ref:4110342)   #10
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Dave, I would say that it all comes down to money, and if promoters and/or clubs can find a way to increase their income by not doing something, they will do so.

As to the "big" football clubs considering not producing programmes, this somewhat confirms what club supporters have been saying for quite some time; that the clubs don't really care about the people that come through the turnstiles.

The thing that I really don't understand is that it is so much easier, and I would have thought comparability cheaper, to produce programmes nowadays as they are mocked up on computers and then "fed" directly to the printing machines without the need for time consuming type setting, etc. It also means that they can be printed at almost the last moment, rather than days in advance back in the day.