View Single Post
Old 11 Aug 2018, 13:32 (Ref:3842970)   #6
Mike_Powell
Rookie

Mike_Powell should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMike_Powell should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMike_Powell should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
From a marshalling point of view, there is far too much down time, and the Settrington Cup would be better suited to the FOS than the Revival. I think the growth in Historic racing in general (no bad thing in my book) also contributes to the lack of raacing interest. I still think the Revival is unique, and is still the first entry in my calendar, closely followed by the Brooklands Double 12. no other race event captures the interest from the public as much as the Revival, but I would rather see different cars & drivers rather than a a bunch of current touring cars guest drivers. However, I think the Revival has played a major part in bringing Historic racing to the forefront of many people, whilst "current" racing staggers along. There is a good article about Historic racing in this week's Autosprout, and the dearth of certain grids, but isn't that down to the ups and downs of all racing championships ?