View Single Post
Old 16 Nov 2020, 23:16 (Ref:4017356)   #187
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Depends. What do you mean by ability? (Sorry I realise that comes across as nit picking or deconstructing your post, but it isn't how I mean it to sound).

Is it an accurate barometer of his driving ability? As in, what he can do? No, it isn't. But Turkey also wasn't an accurate barometer of Riccardo, for example. He also has the ability to do much better than he did in Turkey. So in that regard, no.

Do I think it's an accurate representation of the overall state of Max Verstappen as a driver? As a whole package? Yes. He gets into needless confrontations, puts everything at risk when it doesn't need to, and often comes out much worse than he should given his raw ability as a driver. Turkey was just a great example of that.

See: Turkey Race, Turkey Qualifying Sulk, Portimao Stroll clash. Or being demoted off the podium in Mexico. Or overtaking off the track at COTA and being demoted again. Or giving himself a flat tyre trying to run Lewis off the road in Bahrain. Or driving into the side of Vettel in China. Or even failing to read Ocons sign posted stupidity in Brazil and then being a child and pushing Ocon about in the garage like a bully. His reaction to most of these incidents was that he was right. And that's why he doesn't learn.

I'm not the biggest on F1 details. That's just a list off the top of my head. I'm sure others could add more.