View Single Post
Old 23 Sep 2019, 18:39 (Ref:3929740)   #17
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
Yes, shopping has taken it's toll but, it the plethora of other activities that are now permitted on a Sunday. There's football, cinemas and pubs that are open all day, and so may other things that we now take for granted.

That was one of the things that was most noticeable to me when I went to live in Spain, apart from the language of course. There, where I resided - different autonomous regions do have their own regulations on this, just as they do on a number of things such as their equivalent of the UK's MOT and also on state provision of health care - most shops closed at lunchtime on Saturday and only re-opened on Monday morning. After a few years this was relaxed, and this meant that most shops remained open the whole weekend. However, the regional government re-introduced restricted opening days last year, and now shops that are in tourist areas are permitted to open on 13, I think it is, Sundays in the peak tourist times.
Bl..dy good idea, should be implemented over here and give the staff some time off with their families.