View Single Post
Old 11 Oct 2019, 14:00 (Ref:3933292)   #5157
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Elwin View Post
I think you will find the ambience of just about anywhere is better than Brighton these days, Gerard!
Long time ago when I were but a lad my paternal Grandmother retired to Brighton after Grandfather died. She took an interesting flat on one of those big old arced terraces up between the sea and the Downs.

Later her sister, an interesting lady who had been an officer in the Army Nursing Corps in India and never married, also moved to Brighton and took a flat at the end of the terrace. A few years later the basement flat in her building became available and my grandmother, having been a keen gardener before the move to the flat, swapped to the new basement flat - which made it much easier to visit both of them on the same day trip.

In their later lives we lived only an hour away and I couple of my school pals attended Sussex University so for a while I had decent reasons to head down to Brighton and enjoy some parts of what it then had to offer.

That was a long time ago.

The friends graduated (or left) the Uni, the elderly sister both passed away. Other people we knew also moved on and I moved further way as well.

Revisiting, briefly, about 20 years ago was something of a disappointment. I can't imagine that experience would be different today.