Thread: New SRO GT2
View Single Post
Old 4 Oct 2018, 01:24 (Ref:3854426)   #83
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcarr6 View Post
SRO says 6 manufacturers are actively interested in the GT2 for 2019...

So Porsche, Ferrari, Lamborghini and who else?
Think the S365 article said Ratel has 3 commitments for next season so far and other interested builders.

I would assume Porsche could make a GT2 from the GT2 with the 935 engine tune in the "regular" bodywork. I wouldn't be surprised to see a Ferrari of either the 458 or F12. Lamborghini also sounds like a promising option with either platform but I'd guess a relaxed aero and more engine of the Super Trofeo.

All of these are guesses at who COULD build a car:

I would not be surprised to see an R8 car built especially if there's a push to squeeze them and McLaren out of GT4. Same thing with a McLaren but with the Senna possibly, although that seems like it might be more aero than desired but the rules are oh so clear so far. I think we could see the DB come back to racing if Aston decided to join in as well but I won't hold my breath for anything from them until it appears on track. If GT2 is allowed to run alone or as the fastest cars I could see Bentley making a car as well but they seem to love being the top class on track. MB is another who could be squeezed out of GT4 and want to build another car with their AMG. Could we see Acura also join in with the NSX or Lexus with the LC500? I could also see, IF there's enough cash put forth ahead of time, a top end Vette program IF GT2 becomes something but nothing soon at all. It seems like there could be lots of options and if they can keep it a "affordable" gentleman's class I think you'd see more cars built after the first season