View Single Post
Old 1 Dec 2018, 04:03 (Ref:3867176)   #77
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimclark View Post
As I get older, I find myself getting more and more easily confused.
I thought the deal is already done.....
Yes the deal was long dusted and confirmed. I think that the notion behind the post was more based on Horner's refusal to allow Danny to test for Renault after season end (as with any other team releasing drivers, such as Ferrari allowing Sauber to use Kimi, Williams allowing Stroll at FI etc etc down pitlane)

Perhaps it was thought by Horner that Renault might pay an extra fee to Red Bull for the early release from Danny's RBR Contract early to allow him to test.

In reality Horner was just being his usual arrogant obnoxious self righteous and unpleasant lowlife self that we expect from him. ("Danny has a contract with RBR until 31st December blah blah blah".) So did all the other drivers released to their new teams without issue.