FastDB2s
Veteran

England
Solihull, West Mids
FastDB2s should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Walker
The 6th photo is Archie Scott Brown in the Lister MG
Yep, chassis no. BHL1 - 1953 1.2ltr MG 4 cyl Lister- MG with Wakefield body, believed broken up, reg no then went on
chassis no. BHL1 (2nd version I suppose) - 1956 2ltr 6 cyl Lister-Maserati, engine from a from A6GCS now in States (or was in 2005)

Both cars driven by Archie Scott Brown as they were works cars.
Interestingly the Lister-Maserati only netted Archie 3 first places.
A quote from Doug Nye's book 'Powered by Jaguar'
'Don Moore: When the car was first completed Archie was pleased as punch & decided he'd drive it down to Snetterton for testing on the road. He hadn't gone far before the engine got itself in a terrible mess. When I pulled it all apart I found that where the oil filter mesh had been soldered into the filter body, somebody had allowed the solder to spread across the mesh itself, halving the oil flow & leaving no feed at all to the top of the engine.
After a major rebuild I ran it up on the brake & decided to whip-off the cam covers to see how much oil there was up there -- & there were the brand new camshafts actaully wearing away before my eyes! They hadn't been hardened at the factory; they were so soft you could file them.'

Good book that, seem's like they had problems from new - same as James Martin's car in the Miile Miglia years ago & possibly now.