Thread: Justin Wilson
View Single Post
Old 25 Aug 2015, 20:07 (Ref:3568684)   #22
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I cannot say just how sad this makes me. A driver of the skill over money school who got to where he was by a combination of graft and talent, and with a humility and likeability that gained him the backing he needed to take the next step.

I met him several times over his career, as a youngster through the junior formulae, on the grid in his F3000 year, and for a long chat in the pitlane at Surfers' Paradise in 2005 when he took the time to be interested in how come a British marshal was working there and supporting him ("I'll try to beat the Aussie for you"). In all that time, he never changed and remained grounded, warm and friendly.

Such a tragedy to lose him, especially in such a pointless way. Sincerest condolences to all of his family and friends. RIP, Justin, you won't be forgotten.