View Single Post
Old 22 Mar 2017, 19:07 (Ref:3720725)   #260
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 356sc View Post
I am hearing rumours that there is going to be a clamp down on holes cut in screens, windows, rear screens etc if it cannot demonstrated to be done in period. If this is true, I can understand the intent, but is this going to clobber those cars where holes have been cut to aid in driver ventilation as well?

Has anyone else got wind of this (forgive the pun!!)?
When I renewed the papers on my +4 recently I was told that it couldn't be presented for inspection with vent holes in the rear screen. These were on the photo in previous papers, but as that screen was replaced years ago by one without any holes, it was a non-issue! The side screens have 'helicopter' vents, but these weren't commented on..... My take is that it is mainly rear screen vents that are under scrutiny, but who knows- could be wrong!