Thread: GT Open 2017
View Single Post
Old 31 May 2017, 06:32 (Ref:3737560)   #80
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
But I've always criticised Acura and Lexus together regarding IMSA. I also moan about Alpine in LMP2 and Aston Martin running works efforts (with Pedro bloody Lamy too) in GTE-Am, as I believe those go against the spirit of what the class is all about. I just call it like I see it.

I don't know about Lambo, I'd have to look that up, but Bentley did not run like this no. In the first year of the Continental GT3 it ran in the top class in Blancpain under M-Sport, a few customer teams in Asia (can't remember who, I never get time to watch the Asian series) and Dyson in PWC for its first year. Was also tested by Abt and HTP, who'd both eventually run the cars (in Blancpain and ADAC GT/VLN). The first year of Bentley was available to customers, and ran in the top GT3 series in the US and Europe.

I just see them running GT Open as a bit of a half hearted look at things tbh. And I'd say the same thing about any new GT3 car (especially if it had such a long and troubled development as this one) that appeared in the way the Lexus has done. I'm all for seeing that car race and it feels like a waste in GT Open. Lets see it get a proper challenge.