Thread: Driver 2018 F1 silly season.
View Single Post
Old 17 Jan 2018, 05:48 (Ref:3793256)   #1074
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
F1Guy User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Sorry, off topic post...

I know his time in F1 did not reflect what I'm about to say, but... Bruno Senna has a natural talent and is a very gifted driver. He has a natural ability, and some even say almost a similar natural ability when behind the wheel to Hamilton.

His motorsport career started very late when the Senna family had banned motorsport early on for Bruno after his uncle's and Father's deaths just two years apart. But he made it to F1 from F3 in just 5 years, having started in F3 for 2005, and with hardly any serious motor racing background before 2004.

What he did at the 2006 Australian GP when in F3 was pretty awesome to watch first hand. That weekend, the paddock took notice of Senna.

In early 2009, the rumours were Ross Brawn apparently had offered Senna a full time drive for 2009 alongside Button. The deal however was that Rubens Barrichello had to step aside as Barrichello already had a contract for 2009 with Brawn GP. Ross Brawn wanted Senna in the seat. Barrichello selfishly did not give up his seat for Senna. And you cannot blame him as most racing drivers are that way inclined. So Senna missed out on his F1 debut in 2009 with what turned out to be the championship winning team. I would have bet everything that I had on Senna beating Button to the WDC title. Can you imagine what Bruno Senna's F1 career would have turned out to be had Barrichello stepped aside for his fellow country man, and his good friends nephew in 2009? And if Senna had won the WDC on debut?

And what a whining, ungrateful sod did Barrichello turn out to be in 2009 with his outbursts towards the Brawn GP team?