View Single Post
Old 14 Mar 2015, 22:31 (Ref:3515243)   #5
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Perhaps more important than the article itself is its author, who is the previous chief sports writer at the Grauniad. He's not been shy in voicing his dissatisfaction of what F1 has become. One thing he did forget to mention was that even in the WEC he won't get away from the tarmac glory of the Tilkedrome!

Mainstream recognition is good to see, but I can't say I'm a fan of the "need" to compare sportscars to F1. I can understand it in this case but it never comes across well to me, and judging by the comments section most of the people who read it are already sportscar fans anyway. I also think his prediction(/hope?) of seeing F1 implode is a bit fanciful, but that's not a discussion for this forum