View Single Post
Old 15 Mar 2015, 02:12 (Ref:3515277)   #6
miatanut
Veteran

United States
Seattle
miatanut should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmiatanut should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmiatanut should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I started following F1 in 1967, and sportscar racing in 1971. I always followed both but was more of an F1 fan. Disgusted with what Bernie turned F1 into, I stopped watching F1 five years ago and now just follow sportscar racing.

I think there are increasing numbers of fans doing this. Currently, WEC is as good as it was back in the Group C era and the 1970's, if not better. I'm starting to thing the current situation is better. Certainly there is more major manufacturer involvement.

It's a great time to be a sportscar racing fan, and I hope other fans make the switch. One, it will give the sport more resources. Two, it will show sanctioning bodies that there is a lot of interest in technical innovation and variety, and that could lead to better racing in all series.