View Single Post
Old 16 Mar 2015, 16:59 (Ref:3515893)   #20
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
I agree with the sentiments of the article but I grow tired of all the F1 criticism. I know it's the "right thing to do" as a sportscar fan to take any opportunity possible to take a swipe at Formula One but to the outsider, it looks like we've got a massive chip on our shoulder. Our side of the sport is meant to be welcoming and inclusive, not some sort of anti-F1 clique.
Yep. I remember saying something to that effect a while ago on here. As someone who has made the migration from the series-that-shall-not-be-named there was a bit of trepidation about the "noisy neighbour" effect which lead to me lurking for a while before deciding to, errrm, contribute. I also don't like how it has become in some way fashionable to criticise F1 incessantly. I understand it to a point - the implication behind the criticisms is that sportscar racing should be getting more coverage and recognition because it does so many things better. But even then constantly inviting the comparison comes across as not only a bit sour grapes, but like a broken record as well.