View Single Post
Old 30 Jun 2011, 16:40 (Ref:2908712)   #43
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
And in an interview with Adrian Newey, I think linked in the V6 for 2014 thread, Audi was a driving force for the I4s and now that they have supposedly backed out the teams, including veto powered Ferrari, agreed to the V6 formula that they mostly preferred.
The link: http://en.espnf1.com/fia/motorsport/story/52832.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acid09 View Post
Factories very rarely do this, for a good reason. The last instance of something like that I can remember is Peugeot & Citroen in the WRC in the early 2000s but even there PSA pulled the plug after a few years because it is a waste of money to have two of your own makes compete against each other.
I think this is very good example (VAG also ran Skoda & Seat but not in such direct competition). Peugeot had success before Citroen came, but the years against Citroen didn't turn out so well for Peugeot image-wise, I think...