View Single Post
Old 12 Jun 2017, 11:30 (Ref:3740481)   #55
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
How is the area represented already if the track in question (Kuwait) would be a replacement for Bahrain?
Not trying to be a dick here, but I don't think you understand the definition of a world championship by the FIA, and I don't think you understand what continent the middle east is part of. Since Kuwait (and Bahrain) are part of the continent of Asia, and the WEC already has 2 other races there, they are already represented. Trying to get a race in the middle east, and saying "but it's a WORLD championship" are two completely different things. Unless you're counting the middle east as its own continent (which would mean a new continent model), or changing the definition of an FIA World Championship, then it isn't required for a world championship at all.

You make a fair point about travel requires though of course. If you like the circuit, that's just fine, but don't come in and try and tell me a Tilke track is just what we need, and how it's a world championship and should be represented. That's just silly.

However I'm yet to actually see an argument for going there. I don't see what this event would bring to the series that's a positive. Isn't that what the WEC (and any series) be doing? Looking for positive new things? I don't see a vanity project in an unstable region on another cookie cutter stamped out car park as a positive for the series at all. I'm sure it'll get a confirmed 55,000 fans though! I'd rather us going to tracks that people actually enjoy. Next up, someone will tell me Paul Ricard is amazing and the south of France is required for a world championship!