View Single Post
Old 6 Sep 2021, 05:59 (Ref:4072247)   #11
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tux View Post
More interesting to me is the silence from people within the industry, the media & fans. Nobody seems to be willing to ask the question "Whats happening down at Silverstone?"
My view on this is that Silverstone have doubled down on a business model of having F1 and MotoGP and selling track days and corporate events off the back of that. Take a look at their website - other motorsport is barely visible. They still don’t have tickets on sale (or even a listing) for all the remaining club events.

SRO don’t go because Silverstone charge too much for what it is - a windswept, barren industrial park. Look at the other circuits on the calendar - prettier, more character, better locations. And all cheaper to hire.