View Single Post
Old 2 Oct 2021, 08:43 (Ref:4076640)   #27
Tel 911S
Veteran

Tel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by grantp View Post
Max, well, possibly a bit extreme but with so many strange decisions being made these days I'm sure a few unusual and possibly unauthorised middle-management decisions could slip through although simple cockups are probably more likely reasons.

We are at the point where winter spec. fuel would be coming into distribution (possibly less of a concern in the UK) and we ARE being advised that having more ethanol in the fuel means it does not store so well for so long ...

Just saying.

There is a great little book, written in the mid 1800's about "The Madness of Crowds".

One sometimes wonders whether there may be some people trawling through for ideas about how to generate similar responses to those of the Crowds mentioned therein but in the modern era.
I am not sure about winter spec fuel .
I remember back about 1992 [ I think ] , Winter came early and caught a lot of vehicles out with freezing fuel . After that I believe they kept Winter spec fuel going here all year round .It is less efficient and therefore they sell more of it .
Might have only been for diesel. But I was finding that tanks full of fuel in France or Spain were doing a lot more miles than in the UK all year round . Through the 90s I was doing hundreds of thousands of miles around UK and Europe & noticed the difference a lot .