View Single Post
Old 12 Sep 2017, 08:54 (Ref:3766210)   #684
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post

What would be great to see would be a franchise system for GT3 to generate income for the teams from naming rights partners and supporting championship sponsors. That's not a year one quick fix, but to create the possibility for teams to compete at all rounds snd perhaps have their tyre bill covered has to be a logical way forward..
Its a good idea but-you have a franchise system for a series that has a lot of cashed up amateur drivers in it. In Supercars you get fines for non appearances, thats not gonna matter to a lot of those competitors who can't make it to one round-they're not gonna care, they'll just pay the fine and turn up next round. Its a completely different demographic. Oh you're gonna pay my tire bill, thats nice buts it loose change compared to what these people have.

GT racing has to cater to the amateurs as well as the pros, it a fine rope to walk but without the gentlemen putting the cash in the championship would suffer. And I'm not just talking about the amateurs in the cockpit........

Hopefully Supercars taking over the management role recognises this because they have to. There are some very wealthy individuals in that series, if you **** them off, theyre going elsewhere, they're not used to people saying no to them. I hope Supercars keeps on the likes of Ken Collier and Mat Coch, they're individuals with a lot of passion for the series and they do their job well, it'd be a sad day to see them go.