View Single Post
Old 30 Jul 2019, 22:31 (Ref:3920466)   #85
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.R.T. View Post
Not sure how PROCAR running its own events constitutes ‘taking aim’ Touer? Especially in light of your justification of avesco’s actions regarding Bathurst in 1996/97?
It wasn't running the events per se that "took aim" D.T - it was a myriad of statements made by the Procar owner repeatedly disparaging the supercar series and building up his own (including on this forum allegedly). He was perfectly entitled to do that of course but in doing so "took aim" at supercars and for sure serve was then returned.
Quote:
The Adelaide binning of TCR is a slam dunk Supercars veto, to try and hide from that doesn’t reflect well on anyone.
Well we don't know that & nor does anyone outside the discussions - although supercars themselves have admitted to "raising an objection". Many assumptions have been made in the media and you're making an assumption in what you say here but none of those assumptions may be accurate.
Quote:
V8SA and Adelaide have a bit of a history when it comes to trying to muzzle other motorsport categories who are trying to support Australian Motorsport. Remember V8SA trying to pull the AVE/SBS cameras from filming procar races in Adelaide in 2002?
You're re-inventing history here and getting it completely and utterly wrong. V8SA did not "try to pull" those cameras from filming procar races. The cameras WERE stopped from filming the crowd from pit lane during supercar sessions though. The full grandstand for the supercar sessions would have looked better for the procar TV than the ⅓ full grandstand when the procar series was on track & the cameras were caught red-handed in pit lane doing just that - against the agreement enabling them to be at the event at all. You also neglect to mention that the event and supercars had a cast-iron contract with the broadcaster of the time for exclusive coverage and filming - supercars convinced the broadcaster on procar's behalf to allow procar's contracted TV production crew to film at the event and the broadcaster did so with conditions on what could be filmed only after some hard work by supercar - procar and its TV production company then attempted to breach that agreement, on the first day of the event & were caught in the act.
Quote:
Or V8SA trying to cancel Procars press conference to announce the Bathurst 24 hour?
Honestly don't remember that but if it was at a supercar event, with much more media in attendance than procar would have at their own events, then doing so would be taking the Michael, particularly when the procar owner kept running down the supercar event at the mountain in the process of promoting his own.
Quote:
Add in V8SA blocking drivers from taking part in NZ V8s, 2015 B12 HR and attempting to block drivers in TCR this season, it paints dirty history of an organisation that has no concern for the damage it causes to Australian Motorsport in its quest for self gain
Last time I checked NZ V8s don't compete in Australia so not sure what that has to do with this discussion but like Mixer, I don't believe that V8SA took any steps there. The whole B12Hr / V8SA practice day clash in whatever year that happened was an example I agree with - very poor decision by V8SA to do that - and like I've said above, they're not perfect by any means. Allegedly blocking drivers in TCR this season is a new one on me too - you'll have to give us more info on that as it sounds somewhat far-fetched I must say.