View Single Post
Old 27 Jul 2000, 22:10 (Ref:26243)   #7
Murph
Racer

Murph should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Very interesting...... I still have my 3 day ticket from the 1979 Canadian GP at Ile Notre-Dame. The price for 3 great days and a hell of a tussle between Alan Jones and Gilles... $22.00 Canadian. Back in the "good ole days" one didn't need a Gold , Silver, or Bronze seat... the pits were just off the hairpin and the the track was very photographer friendly.... What a dissapointment it was in 1997 to drop $700+ for 2 pit straight seats (row 7 but the cars hugged the wall at this point so ya heard them but..... it's quite not the same as actually SEEING them), and find that most of the best photo opps were now restricted areas.... and the hill side overlooking turns 4 thru 6 was closed to all spectators. Sure not the same as it was in '78 & '79... and Mosport Park (1972-74 and '76-'77) was even more "fan friendlier".....

My ticket for Indy is $25 (Fri/Sat) and $85 for Sunday.... but I GLADLY would have paid $400 if it was held at Watkins Glen..... even with the "Bog"... well at least this "old fart" has his memories (and photos)....

take care all

Murph