View Single Post
Old 29 Oct 2003, 10:45 (Ref:766734)   #6
Bodysnatcher
La Grande Théière
Veteran

Marshall Islands
5 minutes from the kentagon
Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!
EP - having worked with French marshals who do Monaco, I'm afraid to say for on track marshalling it is a closed shop.
The memory's a bit vague, but I seem to remember that most of the chef de Postes (observers) are Monegasques with limited experience elsewhere and that their course teams are French. This was from a FFSA licensed observer, who did'nt hold them (the Cs de P) in high regard. There is a rigorous selection process involving various tests of fitness and an upper age limit - which I've forgotten now - mainly cos I'm well past it . Maybe try a wee search, I'm sure I've mentioned it before. aha - maximum age for new marshals - 30, automatic retirement at 50.

After Canada 2002 I was offered the chance to be a paddock marshal, apparently Serge who I'd been teamed up with all weekend and his mate the chief paddock marshal though I had enough French to get by - errm thanks guys but no thanks.

Nobody's mentioned contacts for the US GP yet, I only did it in 2000, but was still geting paperwork for this years event, sent it on to Observer, who'd thought about doing it see
this thread for the chief's email addy