View Single Post
Old 15 Jan 2008, 00:05 (Ref:2106281)   #25
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PZR

The 'ARJ' / Dunlop sponsored car run by the 'Sundai Spirit' team ( Taku Akaike and Kenny Acheson fourth at Sugo in Sept '87 for example )? I have a few pics of that car. If you PM me your direct e-mail address I'll send you some scans.
Thanks, that would be great- I'll PM you an email address. Alternatively, you could post directly in the 'Rover SD1' thread-
http://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=81326
If there's anything on that car that you could add to the thread, it would be of great interest.

Going back to the topic in hand- what was the story behind the Nissan Motorsport Europe HR31 that appeared in a short ETCC programme in 1988? It's already been suggested that there was a plan to expand that to a full-season 2-car squad had the ETCC not been canned at the end of 88.

Was the car built in the UK by Howard Marsden's NME, or supplied drectly from NISMO in Japan, either as a completed car or a kit of parts, and what happened to it after the NME project ended- did it go to Japan, or is it still under a dustsheet somewhere in the UK?