View Single Post
Old 31 Aug 2020, 13:31 (Ref:3999233)   #273
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ascarracinguk View Post
2002 is worse by a long way. It was the 6th race of the championship, Schumacher had a large lead in the championship, so there was ZERO need for them to give the race to him. It would have also been Rubens first win of the year after reliability issues at the start of the season so many saw him robbed needlessly

2018 It was the 16th race of the championship with Bottas out of the championship hunt and Vettel closing in on Hamilton in the title.

As I’ve said, Russia never sat well with me, but there was a far bigger outcry over 2002 quite rightfully, If you can’t see the difference, I suggest you remove the blinkers
No need to be like that, it doesn't make your point anymore valid.

Going into the 2018 Russian GP Lewis had 281 points and Vettel had 241, 40 points difference. Going into the 2002 Austrian GP, Schumacher had 44 points and Montoya had 23, 21 points difference. However the points system was different in 2002, with 10 points awarded for the win, not 25 as now.