View Single Post
Old 29 Aug 2022, 09:22 (Ref:4124132)   #1
bathurst77
Veteran

Australia
Biding my time in Vandemonia
bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!
Honey, we need to talk about our boy Scuderia .. AKA KeystoneF1

Sometimes you have to go into the room full of mirrors and have a long slow look at yourself.

Ferrari f1 Management are becoming a weekly joke
Every race they find new and creative ways of losing points podiums and wins.
I swear some of their tacticians are mysteriously finding envelopes of cash with redbull or mercedes logos in their lockers.

I really dont think Ferrari pit wall should be asking the driver what tyres and strategy would he like mid race. Would you like to go with hard and come out behind alonso, or soft and then pit again. "Question?"
They have all the numbers and info on the other cars, the driver doesnt. Maybe just ask, can you go another couple of laps before box?

They should decide the best tyres and strategy and let the driver concentrate on going fast, not asking him to do math and strategy mid race. He drives, you calculate and plan.

Then the last lap "fastest lap" pit stuff up. Again their number crunchers should have seen he wouldnt come out in clear air so be baulked, plus the risk of something going wrong with the stop - as happened.

And on Saturday, they put the wrong tyres on the car, only realizing when the driver asked "why am i on these tyres?"
"sorry, mistake"

If merc and Mclaren had not produced such disappointing cars this year the Scuderia would be nowhere.
Forsa engineers made a great car, the drivers are doing a top job, most of the pit crew are firing on all cylinders but the pit wall decision makers are doing their very best to stop them winning.
Ferrari are in 2nd place in WCC DESPITE the efforts of the team management, not because of them

In the words of Roger Waters "youre nearly a laugh, but youre really a cry"

Still, makes for great 3Stooges/Abbot and Costello race weekend entertainment.
I predict that next weekend Mattia Binotto will be seen eating a banana in pit lane and casually dropping the skin on the ground

Last edited by bathurst77; 29 Aug 2022 at 09:29.