View Single Post
Old 6 Feb 2001, 15:58 (Ref:62872)   #4
Dino IV
Veteran

MagnetON
NL
Dino IV should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDino IV should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Closest 'real' thing that springs to mind, KC, would be a Lotus Elise or one of its derivates.

Mine should be as light as possible as well. Sufficient but light noise for instance. Windows could be made of plexiglass. Just a little stereo and climate-control to keep circumstances healthy. The less electronics the better. Mid-rear-engine, rear wheel driven. Concept a bit like Ferrari's gorgeous V8 in the 360. Three liter V8 or V10, revs up to 10.000 rpm (I love that wholing sound ). Power output about 400 hp with a tiny comprex and intercooler. Adjustable valve lift and timing. Pre-set injection programs. 7 speed sequential gearbox with quick-shifter. Seat arrangement like the McLaren F1 thus the driver i the middle of the car. Cockpit made of glued aluminium profiles, like used for the Elise, acting as a roll-cage as well. Carbon-fibre ofcourse for the 'carozzeria'. Suspension F3000 derived mounted on engine-cockpit. Ceramic brakes and mag-wheels to keep weight as low as possible. Little oilcoolers for gearbox and differential in the sides. The engine's radiators in the front. The tyres could be something special. Hard to realize but I was thinking about a tyre with a retractable thread pattern so switchable from slicks to profiled tires for wet conditions. When the curb weight could be 900 kg it would be an incredible car. Looks? Something like a modern GT40 would be gorgeous wouldn't it?