View Single Post
Old 13 Feb 2020, 15:50 (Ref:3957461)   #35
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
All this negativity to electric cars is because everyone is comparing old technology electrics to current ICEs. What will it take for you to do a volte face? I'm sure you'll be more positive as new technology rolls out. There'll be a battery of new ideas on the horizon soon.

That's because of the sort of pressure the Government has tried to exert by bringing forward the date ICEs cannot be put in new cars. If there were no pressure, there would be no movement. Be it hydrogen, new means of charging or whatever, we will progress, and also progress in the power infrastructure required.

Of course we will develop new technology, the ICE has not stood still for a hundred years has it?
Max, I do see what you're saying (and commend the fd electrical pun you've managed to slip in there too) but I have no faith in the Government (any Govenment) making the best decision, they are just relying on advisers, advisers who mostly have a vested interest. Let's face it, it's not that long ago that they decided that lovely diesel was better than horrible petrol, (because they emitted less CO2) so changed rules and things to entice people to buy them. More recently they've decided that diesels are dirty (because of the particulates), so currently Diesel is demonised. What they will do when or if they realise that the new generation of Direct Injection petrol engines emit even more particulates that the equivalent Diesel engines, meaning even more costly & complicated Petrol Particulate Filters in their exhausts remains to be seen!