View Single Post
Old 9 Oct 2007, 12:52 (Ref:2035844)   #7
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It's a discussion I've had with a number of competitors in a variety of classes since it gets mentioned over the commentary on occasions and I was anxious to know whether it was something that we should try to control. The response from all of them was 'Is there any flash photography?' The only occasion where it was mentioned was a singed on photographer who stood head on at Top Ess with a professional flash. We already had him moved to a safer place and asked him to refrain before the complaint arrived from the competitor. So my impression is that it can safely be ignored. I should, like PistonBroke, welcome any comments that confirm or contradict this opinion.

Wearing of red as mentioned above is something that we do watch out for, although I've always found it interesting that the doctors' overalls are bright red. Never seems to have caused a problem, and nor did Matt's dark red coat on Sunday, although he was probably not very visible where he positions himself.

I was very proud of the marshals, rescue crew and Gin on the recovery truck, who's efforts at John's sizeable accident were exemplary as always. It was nice to receive a round of applause from the crowd when the car was righted. John seemed perfectly OK, despite his impersonation of a St Bernard coming through the cat flap, and we were all much relieved to see him walk to the ambulance and wave to the crowd.

That's an amazing photograph, Rhodopsin. The flash is of course fine in that instance as the photographer is behind the driver. It's still quite staggering that both cameras fired in that precise fraction of a second. You're probably both brilliant photographers who judged the right moment to perfection. Or else you both missed the best shot by the same amount! (I'll go for the former having seen the results of both of you).