View Single Post
Old 21 Jul 2023, 06:42 (Ref:4169254)   #9
coppice
Veteran

Australia
Thirsk, North Yorkshire
coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!
Silverstone's key problem is that to keep the Grand Prix, it needed to remove even more character from the circuit , by creating immense run off areas and ever -increasing gaps between spectator and track. But let's be realistic - I may go to Silverstone for other events (including the Pomeroy this year) and I'm sure some on TT do so as well - but hardly anyone else goes.

I'm pretty sure , based on going to the GP last year, that hardly any F1 fans know or care about any other form of motorsport. The majority of folk I talked to were recent converts , many had never been to any type of motor sport before , let alone gone to other circuits. But they all seemed very happy , and in blissful ignorance of how rubbish their viewing experience actually was compared to any other UK track. Mind you , Donington is appallingly bad compared to how it was - Redgate is miles away from the spectators now.