Old 1 Jul 2011, 21:07 (Ref:2909610)   #8
alimcb
Racer

Scotland
Northampton
alimcb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike 'Bean' Broadbent View Post
This meeting will be my first visit to Silverstone as a marshal & I am looking forward to it. Any tips as to where to park, where I sign on & what generally to expect from t'other side of the bank. Previous visits to the Classic have been as a spectator, can't wait, especially for the WSM's & Group C - last time at Donny, so should be a good show
To be honest, the Classic is a huge event and with the new paddock and pit building now being open, it's impossible to say whether we'll be able to park on the infield or not. I suspect we'll be asked to park at the outside of Copse and go to sign-on in the paddock bar (in the old paddock) via the Copse tunnel. We'll then probably be able to drive to posts via the perimeter road, with infield posts potentially being a bit more tricky.

Best to follow the instructions that will come with your tickets, and ask at sign-on once you know your post allocation. Talk to other marshals at breakfast and you'll probably quickly find someone on the same post.

Enjoy yourself, use your common sense and follow the advice of your Incident Officer and Post Chief, you won't go far wrong. You will be paired with someone experienced for the day - don't be afraid to ask lots of questions!