View Single Post
Old 27 Aug 2021, 14:14 (Ref:4070664)   #16
canaglia
Veteran

canaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomcosgrave View Post
And I know Mercedes don't have to - but isn't it time they just bit the bullet and got on with it in their own interest? GT3 might be the answer - not a hardcore and risky LMH or LMDh but a compromise for the brand.

the point of the matter is about interests...

all mercedes motorsport programs are basically managed by toto wolff, he is CEO of mercedes f1 team which controls brixworth and brackley factories...
mercedes most secret and advances technologies are basically in his hands, many experts think that toto wolff aims to get a key role in mercedes board as basically jean todt was able to do in ferrari.
Considering toto wolff about 5 years ago sold his stakes of HWA (the company who made dtm cars and was running the official program) I think he isn't interested in motorsport but only in f1 program that can help him to fulfill his goals in future. At the moment I can't see anything but f1 as big budget program for mercedes, also because when they came back in endurance in late '90 they were involved only as engines suppliers in f1 and US cart, it wasn't even a direct effort since mercedes engines were made by ilmor.