View Single Post
Old 28 Jan 2019, 13:23 (Ref:3880162)   #20
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin McKay View Post
Technical glitches already! OK, it was naive to think we could switch mobile network providers merely 2 weeks in advance and for it all to be working. At least got wifi when available and got bills from both providers today to prove it! Very bumpy journey to Singapore, potholes are worse here than at home��
Colin, I cant vouch for NZ, but I had similar problems going the other way when visiting my Mum in Spain. Now I simply go to the Vodafone shop at Barcelona Airport and buy a prepaid sim card. Language probs actually saw me get stitched up at the airport, but as soon as I got to Mums, the local Vodafone agent gave me a prepaid Simcard, giving me 800 minutes (yes 800) of International and National calls to anywhere in the world for just 15 Euros. ( The downside is that I had to change my number to a Spanish one for the duration), but I was able to ring mobiles and land lines in Aus (and my Bro in the UK) and never used up my limit in 6 weeks there.

I just told people urgently needing me to email me.... I could then call them back.

I just reinserted my Aus simcard when I returned home. Situation normal.